Thursday, March 8, 2012

Retro Chairs...Dated Fabric...BLEH

My parents got me an adorable table and chair set for Christmas. The duplex I live in is amazing but very short on space. What makes the table and chair set so awesome for me is how compact it it.


















However, my friend put it best when she commented on how the fabric looks like it's from her grandmother's condo. The wicker is retro looking but the fabric isn't quite pulling that off. So I've been on a search for fabric that I like, that would also hold up well to consistent butt pressure. (Heh, butt!) Everything I was finding was too expensive, wrong kind of fabric, or the most common...JUST PLAIN OOGLY.

Cue World Market. (Are those angels I hear singing?) World Market has some of the most incredible stuff, I pretty sure they are responsible for a good fourth of my paycheck....well, maybe not as much as that but close! I found these gorgeous napkins. Good fabric with just a bit of stretch but still sturdy, pattern is awesome, love the colors and the price is right. Score baby.

World Market Gorgeous Napkins!



















Then it was just a matter of borrowing my Dad's staple gun (thanks Pop, you're the best!), buying some shorter staples....























Unscrewing the bottom and going to town with the staple gun. I started with the four sides where the fabric would end up being shortest (between the corners) and stapled those  four places down taut. Once they were done it was just a matter of going around, pulling the fabric tight, and using probably double the amount of staples I needed. Screw the bottom back on....















And you've got yourself a snazzy new retro but not dated table and chair set! Bam, how ya like dem apples?!

No comments:

Post a Comment