Thursday, January 5, 2012

DIY Gel Air Freshener

Christmas and New Year's have come and gone. And for some reason they left some weird odor lingering beneath my sink. Everything is clean down there so I'm throwing my hands up and getting all DIY-er on it.

















The line up...Orange and rosemary essential oils (choose whatever floats your nose), mason jar or other container, salt, and gelatin

Take half a cup of cold water and bloom your gelatin. While that sits, bring half a cup of water to a boil. Set your water off the heat and add 1 tablespoon of salt (this helps keep the gel from getting moldy), 10 drops of essential oil, and the gelatin. Whisk until everything is all nice and mixed. Pour into your container and let cool.

Once it is solid, set out and enjoy. So far mine is fairly mild but honestly, that's what I prefer.




















Here is the original recipe, the only change I made was quantity and taking out the food coloring. It seemed rather pointless to me.
http://tipnut.com/homemade-smelly-jelly-recipes/

No comments:

Post a Comment